Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dreamweaver --Not working resolved.

I mentioned this in class.
The problem I was having was that I'd insert or highlight some text and format it as a heading in Dreamweaver. Didn't matter if I did this in Design View, or in Code view...

IFormat the text as a heading and it would the disappear... making it kinda hard to work on a web page in Design View!

No one was finding a solution, even on the Adobe Dreamweaver Forum

I had uninstalled Dreamweaver, re-installed it, deleted the config file, Ran Permissions on my Mac, re-built the directory... all to no avail.

Then I decided that maybe there was something wrong with the font. So I opened the Macs font Utility program Font Book app and wonder of wonders not only was there a problem with the default Dreamweaver font New Times Roman, there was problems with a bunch of others... mostly there were duplicates of the same font that wouldn't "validate". I deleted all the fonts that weren't validating.

So far, problem fixed!

Why there were duplicates of the fonts? That I don't know.

Next up... What I should have showed you all in class..
How to make Templates.
How to make editable regions.
How to make repeating editable regions...
As 3 different subjects...


No comments:

Post a Comment